English Country Dance (ECD)
The ECD list is for discussion of all aspects of modern and historical English Country Dance and related forms as they have relevance to the discussion. (Related forms include contra, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, contradanza, Victorian longways dances, quadrilles, cotillions, etc.) .The list is intended for callers, dancers, organizers, and musicians, who are all part of one community.
We discuss a wide variety of topics including:
- Requests for PDFS of music (shared off-list)
- Publications and recordings
- Requests for suggestions for themed evenings
- Questions about interpretation of dance notation (and questionable interpretations)
- Travelers announcing that they’ll be in an area some time in the future and looking for dances to attend or to call.
- Announcements of events.
- Plain-text notation for new dances you’ve written or newly interpreted.
Note that Shared Weight has separate lists for all traditional dance organizers, all musicians, contra callers, etc. Those involved with ECD may enjoy those other lists as well.
– Alan Winston, list founder